Welcome to FanHack 2022! Join our Hackathon Slack Channel and get started by viewing the the Hacker’s Checklist here. Registrations for FanHack 2022 are now closed! However Team Formation & Registration is open till 1st August, 12:00 PM PST thus head on to Team Formation & Registration Guide for details on how you can Register or Join a team.
All about FanHack 2022
Who is eligible to participate in the hackathon?
All Global Fanatics employees (full-time, contractors, interns) are welcome to participate in the hackathon!
Can non-developers/engineers participate in the hackathon?
Yes! We want anyone with ideas or the passion to innovate to participate. Teams will however need at least one individual who can build/code a prototype as a code artefact is required for project submission.
What is the total number of participants I can have on my team?
Teams can have up to a maximum of 5 individuals only.
Can I form teams with individuals located in another country?
Teams are recommended to be formed within your own locations & time zones to avoid time zone fatigue but this is not mandatory. You can choose to join a team located in another time zone as well. Teams are allowed to meet in office spaces, however, they should strictly follow the COVID-19 guidelines of their regional offices.
How can I go about to form my hack team?
View our detailed Team Formation & Registration Guide here
Do all members of my team have to register for the hackathon?
Yes! Only registered individuals are eligible to participate. Please ensure that all members of your team have registered their teams accordingly as well.
What tech infrastructure should I use for the hackathon?
AWS Lab is the preferred infrastructure for the development tasks. However, AWS DEV/QC will be allowed for teams which wish to do an integration with some existing DEV/QC system(s). In the event your team is using AWS DEV/QC, please ensure that you:
- Follow all existing processes which are already set in place (e.g. PR approvals, etc.)
- Are responsible for timely cleanups
- There is no limitation on the language or tech stack as such, but please ensure that the solution is secured and fanatics data is safe at all times
- Have acquired the desired AWS access well in advance. Click https://fanatics.service-now.com/fanatics?id=sc_cat_item&sys_id=14216213db8868506be0c5860596190c to raise AWS access request.
For any further inquiry on the infrastructure, integration etc., please talk to the infoSec team and get written approvals if required, on either Slack or email.
Code of Conduct
This community is a place for fanatics hackers to join, network, ideate and innovate. Help us maintain a high quality and engaging community by following the guidelines outline below:
Participants Code of Conduct
- The community has people from countries around the world and we expect you to respect the diversity of our community. Content containing illegal or excessive obscene or foul language, excessive violence, nudity, or sexual activity will be flagged and removed. Content that is abusive or likely to be offensive to others may also be flagged and removed.
- We value integrity and expect you to represent who you are, where you work and your team/company accurately in your submissions and any forms that we share with you during the course of the hackathon.
- We celebrate makers, creators, developers and want to help each of you who are part of this community grow and improve your skills. When you share feedback, please keep it constructive and nothing else. Any content that is abusive, threatening, expresses hatred, or is likely to offend others is unacceptable and may result in the content being removed or the suspension or termination of your account.
- Do not share or post any personal or private information about you or others in the community. This includes any photos (unless you have explicit permission to do so), phone numbers, addresses, location details, personal email, social media profiles.
- Our community and platforms help showcase software, participate in virtual challenges and hackathons, share your ideas, code, get feedback and motivation. Do not upload anything unrelated or explicit or repeatedly post the same thing or post anything that is not relevant to the event that you are participating in or send excessive, unsolicited messages to other users.
Project Dos & Don'ts
- Do not submit projects that are not created by you or that are not what you've worked on during the period of the hackathon. If there are projects that could be great resources reach out to our team in the community and ask us to add them to the resources.
- If you are using an existing project, make sure you give credit to the project.
- If someone has helped you with your project or contributed code to your project, make sure you add them as one of you team members so that they can get the credit for their contribution in your projects.
- Make sure you check the license of any public repository before you use it for your own project and give the appropriate credit to that repository and the creator in your repo too.
- When submitting your project for the hackathon, make sure whatever you upload is completely created by you or you have the right to use the same. This also includes images, demo videos that are created as part of the project.
- Make sure you have the permission to use any music, footage, images or any copyright material in your submission. Else, please stick to not using such material and do not upload the same.
The Fresh Code Rule
All teams should strictly adhere to the Fresh Code Rule
What can be done before the hackathon
- Teams can create wireframes, designs and user flow
- Teams can pre-train models or gather data sets prior to event
What must be done during the hackathon
- All code submitted as part of the project must be written between the official Hacking opening and Submissions closing period
- Other than that, almost anything goes and participants can use any coding languages or open-source libraries as part of their submission
Organizers reserve the right to remove your content and/or block or remove your account from the platform if we believe you have violated any of the guidelines mentioned above.